Guest posts

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Back again...

I had some trouble accessing my blog for a couple of months so it's looked pretty dead here. But, it's all fixed and I'll have more author guest posts coming soon.

I've been struggling with my own writing - not able to find the time and also stuck with some plotting on the sequel to Cleah. However, God/the Universe provides, and at a recent EFT training weekend I attended, the discussions about early abandonment managed to put me on the path toward my plot resolution.

Also at the training, I met a fellow writer, Fran Friel, a horror author. I've always loved reading horror, but didn't want to write it myself- I felt that it wasn't what I wanted to put out into the universe (aren't I special). Or, maybe I didn't know if I was talented enough to go to that kind of place. Fran, in her wisdom, said that if you want to get to know yourself as a writer, horror is the place to go. Well, Fran is a person whose opinion I value so maybe next time I will veer off my current path of YA fantasy and have a go at it. There's one more Cleah to write after this - it's always been a trilogy, so if I live long enough to finish it all - yup, horror - here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind mention, Brenda. I'm looking forward to diving into your writing. Since you're pretty darn awesome, I suspect I'm going to have a wonderful time reading.

    Thanks again!

    Hugs from CA,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete