Guest posts

Monday, February 13, 2012

Guest Post by Romance Author Shilpa Mudiganti








Book Title: Always You
Author: Shilpa Mudiganti
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: InkSpell Publishing
Publication Date: March 6th 2012
Format: eBook, Paperback, Kindle

Life without a romance novel!

Have you thought about a world without books? Especially without romance books? I shudder when I think about it! Can anything be more horrible?

I can imagine myself dragging through the days and nights wishing for that unreal, impractical and totally impossibly handsome man waiting for me in a beautiful, again impossible places but to what avail? I know I can do nothing but just imagine it.
But with books? Well, with books, I can see them happening!

 In my favorite romance books, someone (read the blessed writer!) has wrapped my favorite dream over a delicious candy and sprinkled it with some hotter, sweet nothings that I craved for but never knew and gifted it to me. That is pretty much what romance novels mean to me.

They are those dreams that are silly yet essential for our spirits to move on in life. We don’t realize their importance till they are missing from our lives. Let’s be honest and think about how many times we have turned to a romance novel when we were going through a rough patch? I remember guzzling down piles of romance novels when I was away from my then boyfriend and now husband. It gave me solace and hope that all things romantic would come to me too. Pretty soon. And you know what? It did!

So, when life is in dumps, a romance novel might just be the happy drink one is looking for! Therefore, when I wrote the story of Lyla and Alex, I poured in everything that makes the book a happy reading journey worth taking.

Lyla and Alex have issues too. But they have their happy moments too. And in those moments, they find the strength to love, forgive, heal and move on. And to my credit, I also sprinkled with heavy doses of hot romance that satisfies some of our secret cravings too! Wink

I loved my journey with my debut romance novella “Always You”. And I couldn’t have written it without the constant presence of romance novels to cheer me, love me and most of all, to give me the dreams that I never dared to dream!

I hope if you ever pick up “Always You” to read, you would enjoy it as much as I did writing it!

Thank you Brenda for having me on your blog today and let me share my love for romance novels. Much appreciated.

Author Bio

Shilpa Mudiganti Mirza grew up making up stories in her head. Starting with innocent babbling, genre of her stories changed with lessons growing up teaches us all. She thought life would be all about her stories until she completed her technical degree. Security of an IT job lured her leaving her stories to continue brew up in her head. Yet soon she had to fall in step with what fate had planned for her and she penned her first romance novella, Always You to be published by Inkspell Publishing. There has been no looking back since then. Juggling her day job as an IT geek, she has penned down her pet project, an exciting fantasy story of lions and wolves which, to her utter delight, is going to see the light of the day early next year. She says you would fall in love with her wonderful hero and heroine.
When she has time to breathe, she spends time blogging, connecting with her readers and spending time with her loving husband. She lives at Ridgefield Park, New Jersey. You can connect with her at:
Website | Twitter | Facebook
And if you have time to spare, she would be delighted to have you on her blog.

1 comment: